When Crescent Hotels, and Goldman Sachs needed a quick turnaround on the lobby flooring at their Deefield, IL Marriott, they called on Mosaic. Centrally located within a class “A” professional office development, this Marriott is an extension of the Brand image to all the firms situated in the complex. Often this lobby is the first impression for the business travelers coming though, and/or it is the place to finish the day or close the deal. No one in this complex could do without the lobby for any time.
Goldman and Crescent were firm on their need for minimum downtime and maximum access while we did the work.
As you can see from the photo’s below, the old decor was dated worn and featured mostly carpeting. See as the carpet gives way to large format tile. The carpet covered many problems in the slab. We had to rectify the problems to get the flat look essential to an interlaced tile floor. Problems such as:
- removing padding and stubborn adhesive.
- floor grinding to open the pores of the concrete for a good bond.
- more grinding to take down high spot in the slab.
- lots of filling and thick setting tiles to cover the low spots In the slab.
- All of which had to be done around the clock and with fast setting materials.
- We had to rework some of the existing flooring to reconcile its out of flatness to our flatness.
- Remove and replace old rotted base boards in the vestibule.
We brought a lot of hands and a lot of resources to the job, and it came out great.